In a recent conversation with a potential client, the topic of social media stats came up. While Facebook has been involved in various privacy and legal headlines lately, it still boasts a high number of daily active users and its advertising platform gives brands access to a wide range of potential clients. In this post, you will find five of the most useful Facebook statistics that our team discusses with people considering a digital advertising campaign.
- As of September 2018, Facebook had 1.49 billion daily active users. (Source: FB Newsroom)
- Over half of American users check Facebook on their mobile devices “several times a day”. (Source: Statista)
- Users have made more than 2.5 billion posts on Facebook. (Source: TechCrunch)
- Smaller Facebook Pages receive higher organic reach and engagement rates than larger Facebook Pages. (Source: Locowise)
- When taking into account all industries, the average cost per click on Facebook is $1.72. (Source: Wordstream)
Even though this post focuses on Facebook, most digital advertising campaigns will benefit from a multi-channel strategy. Nevertheless, it is very useful to understand advertising platforms and their users in order to make well-informed decisions. If you’re ready to start advertising on Facebook, visit the Facebook Ads Manager page.